Quotable: ""

18 March 2013

18 March 2013 - reddit - calvinandhobbes

"'Teaching with Calvin and Hobbes' is an American children's textbook published in 1993. As a rare piece of officially licensed Calvin and Hobbes merchandise, it is a highly valued collectible. Anybody have this or access to it??? (en.wikipedia.org)"

* * *

"good luck dude"

* * *

"Yeah... I really made this post because I wanted to spread awareness about it not because I thought I had a chance to read it. I think it's absolutely wonderful that the one thing Watterson endorsed was a children's textbook. It really shows the heart of the comic."

* * *

"I kinda want to ask my library to buy it just to see if they can resist laughing at me in the rejection letter."

* * *

"I did some quick checking through OCLC World Cat... Looks like its available in 8 libraries in the US and 2 internationally. All of them seem to be in special collections/rare books and are not available through interlibrary loan. There is a copy in the Library of Congress, for anyone in the DC area who is interested"

https://www.reddit.com/r/calvinandhobbes/comments/1ahukk/teaching_with_calvin_and_hobbes_is_an_american/

No comments: